Ashlynne Pearl

Ashlynne Pearl
4th Alternate, Miss Magnolia State

Monday, June 6, 2011

Pull Me Shelby!

At 11 1/2 months old, Ashlynne is 20 lbs and 27 inches tall. She can pull up (with a little help), push a little walky toy (with a little help there too!), recognizing things that are hers and things that are not! Lol. She is throwing little fits which are not fun! She wants to play in the floor and go up and down the step down into the kitchen. She is still eating everything completely mashed. Eating isn't something she gets reakky fired up about! She likes to lick it, touch it, smush it, smell it, put it in her mouth and then take it out... and still may not eat it after that! Yep. Shes a mess!


I was going to start weaning her this weekend but she isn't ready. She fussed and kicked and had a melt down when she thought she wasn't going to get "ninny" so I knew it wasn't time. I am ready for her to be done nursing but not really. I enjoy our time just as much as she does. I figured that when shes really ready, I will be too. :) I posted that on Facebook this weekend and got a lot of very reassuring thoughts from family and friends about their stories. Made me feel like she may NOT go to Kindergarten wanting Ninny!


She loves her mommy.... its the sweetest thing. (Dont get me wrong though- there are moments I wish she would go to someone while I finish something!) Since Scott has been working back in town, they have bonded really well. Only seeing him a couple times a month since she was 3 months old was a little strained for both of them. They play peek-a-boo- her favorite game! Its also helped that I am working a couple of evenings a week because they get to be home alone. That helps too because if I'm home, she wants me. But, like I said, that is slowly getting better.


I am working 5 days a week (3 part time jobs) sometimes 6 but she continues to love her babysitter. That is so great for me. I don't know what I would do if she struggled when I dropped her off. She does cry when I leave her if we've had a long weekend together or something like that but for the most part she does very well there.


To avoid buying baby food- I am starting to make her food. Its SO fun. I have had a really good time with it. We've done TONS of bananas, pears, sweet peas and pinto beans. Next I want to do sweet potatoes and squash. Its like 1/3 of the cost of baby food and it HAS to taste better. So far, shes totally digging it.


Aside from planning her bday party- shes just growing and developing into a sweet sweet little girl!




No comments:

Post a Comment